Aug 27, 2010

Getting To Know You

I don't know why but this song just popped into my head. That just happens sometimes! You may recognize these words from the movie "The King and I."  The song was written by Oscar Hammerstein.

Getting to know you,
Getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you,
Getting to hope you like me.

So then I got to thinking I should maybe share some facts about mysef so that you can get to know me.  It would take forever and then some to really get to know me, so I will just start with the 'short list.'  lol

1.  I wish all children could have my childhood, it was wonderful.
2.  I dream in colors.
3.  God blesses me in numerous ways on a daily basis.
4.  I broke my back in a horse accident when I was 12 years old.
5.  I'm the wife of one fantastic man, mother of three great kids and grandmother of six facinating, wonderful grandchildren.
6.  I was married at age 18 and then again thirty years later at the age 48.  
7.  I am the middle child of 9.
8.  My car was totaled in a flash flood. 
9.  I was widowed at age 46.
10. I know that we all have an inner strength that comes from God but it's our choice whether or not we grow spiritually.

Your turn!

3 comments:

Dar said...

1. I am your sister, and I LOVE it.
2. I have seen you laugh, cry, grow
spiritually because of it.
3. I have seen you break your back.
4. I have seen you break your teeth.
5. I am your son's Godmother and
thank you for the honor.
6. I have 13 grandloves for your 6
to play with.
7. I have not known your pain but
have seen your happiness.
8. I am the third child of 9 and
remember washing sugar off your
face.
9. Our boys are best friends.
10.I wish all children could have
my childhood too, for it was
wonderful.
Your turn!
BlessYourHeart

jack69 said...

I am a couple, Jack & Sherry
1. joined at the hip since
Sept 22, 1956
2. We know you were the brat!
3. we joined the USMC
4. WE Joined the USAF
5. WE have two sons & 7 g-children
6. Sherry has some Great grands
7. WE thought we were preachers once.
8. WE joined the USN & CIV SER
9. WE built many houses & quit.
10. We now travel full time our house in NC is rented out.
11. We have met some wonderful folk who claim Cher as family.
12. WE had supper with Bill (& DAR)
13. WE ate at Jack's corner Bar with Slim & Whatsher name. (MEL)
14. WE Met YOur mother who is a fantastic woman to have endured just the girls, not to mention the boys.
15. WE are on a trip around the USA now in Colorado Springs, CO.

We will never forget your folks and your home town area, ALL fantastic.
Jack & Sherry

Anonymous said...

Cher, thanks for sharing. I always get stumped when asked about myself, and,in fact, have never done this...but here goes nothing:
1. Shoot -- I'm still on #1 and have been sitting here for five minutes just looking at this unpublished comment. OK -- I don't like to go to the movie theater. I would rather wait for the DVD.
2. I've seen a UFO
3. I've seen a couple of ghosts

OK -- gotta quit now or this will time out and nothing will get posted. Thank you for allowing me to get to know you a bit better! You sound like someone I would really like.