Feb 17, 2011

You are now entering ~

 ~ the twilight zone!  No, no, no ... not the television show from years ago but the 'ugly stage' of winter.  We woke up to a dense fog this morning.  Although the weather is warming up to which I am happy - it leads to the 'ugly stage' of winter!  Snow is melting, mud is forming as the wet and dampness in the air is playing bongos on my knees and elbows.  I wish I could fast forward to green grass and dry yards.  That was one of the huge differences I noticed while living in Alaska.  Spring in Alaska comes quickly.  You would not believe how fast the buds turn to leaves 'Way Up North.' Two weeks tops for the transition!  But here in what most of the U.S. calls 'Up North' spring carries on for what seems like forever.  At the very least a couple of months vs. a couple of weeks.
Scrap page done by CherShots

9 comments:

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Ugh, I know what you mean. I hate this transition from winter to spring. I was just looking at the spots of lawn that is showing. It's where the plow guy pushes the snow to. I see I have some lawn repair to be doing.

Anonymous said...

I just called "home" to Newberry to see what was going on and they are having rain and lost a lot of snow. We are up to 70 degrees today here! ENJOYING IT!!! By the time we return to da U.P. all that ugly in between seasons should be gone!

TexWisGirl said...

Lovely photo and framing though!

jack69 said...

I think my comments went into the twilight zone. With the depths of the ice ans snow, I can imagine the days and weeks of mud and stuff.
Never thought too much about the spring in Alaska, but I guess it has to get with it because spring and summer ain't too long are they?

Oh well it too will end and the green gras and you pretty flowers will be showing up.

Love from Rainbow Springs Florida

The Retired One said...

Same here! We had 50's for a few days and today lots of fog and rain drizzle. Now, we are supposed to go back to 20's and maybe snow. It is the ups and downs that are hard until it all melts for sure!

Dar said...

Your picture makes all of todays fog and mist, almost seem pretty. I know, get out of here. Very, VERY foggy day today. At least it was warm enough that I actually, finally, took down my outdoor lights off the decks. I even took down my wreath. HA! It does get long, doesn't it?
One good thing, the snow melted along the garage enough, that I can see that my succulents survived the winter beautifully. Now, with another cold front coming in, I suppose I will have to protect them. So it goes 'Up North.'
BlessYourHeart

Fred Alton said...

Nasty! That's the word for the muddy part of spring. Roads are soft out at the cabin - but my oh my - I sure did enjoy that 63 degrees out there yesterday!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

We were really socked in with fog today, too, and the the snow is melting like crazy...but more snow is coming Sunday... Your scrap page is beautiful!

~mel said...

Just popping in to see if spring has sprung ... nope... it's still winter.