Jan 28, 2011

Comfort Foods

Yesterday we feasted on salmon patties. I just knew there had to be at least one more package in the freezer and boy was I happy to be right. I simply put the thawed salmon filets in the food processor along with a couple of eggs, onions, green and red pepper, flour, bread crumbs and seasonings. The texture and flavor were absolutely perfect.  Served with mashed potatoes and creamed peas.  Oh my goodness - lip smacking good.


 Earlier this week I was physically going through a rough spell. I don't know about you but when my body is aching, I like soup - so I cooked up a kettle of vegetable soup.  Well today there was just enough left to transform it into another meal. So I thickened the broth, added some curry seasoning and made biscuit dough to top it off.
It sure was good! 

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Oh biscuits on top of soups... YUM!

jack69 said...

OHHHHHH, I can smell 'em, I want some!!! Sherry was across the table saying have you seen Cher's blog yet? then I look over at the patties. I thought maybe when I got them on my side I could eat one, but, alas, NO!!!!

The food looks delicious, musta got that from your mama!!! You girls can all put out some food!!!

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Mmmm.... it all looks so good. I haven't had salmon patties since my mom was alive. We used to have them for Lent atleast once a year. Those sound like her recipe. I licked the computer screen, but it wasn't very satisfying.

Diana LaMarre said...

How creative to turn your soup into a biscuit-topped stew! I need to remember that one.

I love salmon patties, too. I never thought to make creamed peas with them, but that does sound perfect. Thanks for all the great ideas!

Remington said...

Okay! Now I am really hungry! Looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

I love homemade soup! And I usually make some dumplings if I have left over soup. Dan isn't fond of dumplings but every once in a while won't hurt him! Your photos and description made me hungry!

Lynilu said...

Now I'm hungry! And I'd decided to not cook today, but looks like I'm gonna be in the kitchen after all! ;D

Fred Alton said...

Imagine that! We had salmon patties and bean soup today for lunch! I knew I should have taken a picture - but didn't. LoL.

Dar said...

Anything out of your kitchen is satisfying...you're a heck of a fine cook, having sampled your goodies more than once.
Biscuits on the stew looks great and Bill and I just had Salmon patties last week with creamed peas...Mama is a good teacher, isn't she.
BlessYourHearts

Kay said...

The salmon patties look so yummy. I'm having a tuna patty for my lunch today. You made me hunger. LOL