Apr 15, 2011

Artificial Easter

CherShots photo
Tis the season of the 'artificial Easter.'  Bunnies and colored eggs, candy and decorated baskets are just a few of the things about Easter that has absolutely nothing to do with Christ's sacrifice on the cross for our salvation. 
CherShots photo
Please don't go running off thinking I don't enjoy the beautiful colors and the tasty sweets, because I do.  I just get a bit saddened that there are so many people out there that either don't know or don't acknowledge what the true meaning of Easter is all about. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cher you know I haven't even had time to get my Easter stuff out and it doesn't bother me a bit as I know that is not what it is all about.

What a privileged to know the Christ of Easter!

I have been reading a great book- A thousand Gifts- by Ann Voskamp- don't know if you have heard about it but it is excellent. Bringing Christ in every moment of our lives by the act of Thanksgiving in everyday moments. I am going to do a little post on it for Sunday.

bee blessed
mary

~mel said...

Easter is coming up fast ~ and that means next weekend I get to see you and Thom ... whoop whoop ~ grab hold of your Easter bonnet because I foresee some board gaming or card playing taking place. Bring your rubber gloves too ~ lol ... I'll put you to work with a hypertufa!!

Anonymous said...

SWEET looking photos!

Dar said...

Amen, Sister. You are so right. Thank God we keep the true meaning as alive as Christ, in our family.
Can't wait to hug your neck next weekend, just be easy on mine...K?
LoveyaMissyaHugyaKissya
BlessYourHearts

joey said...

I hear you, Cher. This is holy week ... Easter blessings :)