Dec 16, 2009

Shopping

Well wouldn't you know we'd get around to our Christmas shopping on the coldest dang day we've had so far this winter. And technically "winter" hasn't even arrived yet. I would say the wind chill was a tad bit "chilly" right around 10 to 15 below zero depending on the gusts. 

But we did get our shopping done ~ and we did good! I forsee a lot of happy little faces again this year.  Our Grandkids recieved their letters from Santa today.  The six year old was so excited she threw her head back as she was reading her letter and exclaimed "Mrs. Claus loves the same kind of fudge as I do ~ Chocolate mint, and Santa said I should look for some under my tree!" 

Now I have to ask, How exciting is that?  ~ she has a personal connection with the big fella's wife.  They are at the wonderful ages that make Christmas so exciting.  Their eyes just sparkle and their voices echo in ranges of squeals and giggling.  With camera in hand - her comes Grandma. I can hardly wait!

4 comments:

Dee said...

Precious absolutely precious. I love the little ones with twinkles in their eyes and the joy in their voices when they are in the spirit of the season. There's no gift that can compare to the happiness of a child. :)

Way to go Grandma!
Bundle up and keep warm. Wishing you a treasure of Holiday Happiness! :)

~mel said...

So when are you heading south? and for how long?? Give those grandloves a big hug and wet smoochie from Great Auntie... and stay away from Taylor's fudge.

Dar said...

I just love this, just loveit...You make the most precious memories for your GrandLoves...
Can't wait to see you

Dar said...

I just love this, just loveit...You make the most precious memories for your GrandLoves...
Can't wait to see you