Jan 31, 2013

Homemade Reuben Sandwiches

I baked bread today.  Two loaves of Caraway Rye Molasses Bread and two loaves of Seven Grain Sourdough Flax Bread.   And because I had a Corned Beef Brisket in the oven as the bread was rising ... of course "Reuben Sandwiches" popped into my mind.  That and the fact that my dear man has been dropping hints for about a week that he's had a 'taste' for a Reuben! And we have a 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' marriage - so now I have some leverage to work with!  Am I wrong?!

Corned Beef Brisket

cooked to perfection 


on top of fresh Caraway Rye Molasses Bread 


topped with cheese


and a homemade sauce ... oh it was so good! 


And what is this I see ... on the cake plate? 


Why it's my favorite - Aunt Unique's Chocolate Cake for dessert! 




8 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Oh that looks delicious. I wish I had eaten at your house for dinner :)

Winderly-Winderly said...

Me too!! Soooo delicious looking and I love yer scratchin' yer marriage with it. lol

Dicky Bird said...

All looks so good! Blessings from Ringle, WI.

jack69 said...

I am gonna have to figger a way to block this entry from Sherry's computer. TWO of her favorite things:REUBEN and CHOCOLATE. It looks good to me and I am not even a chocoholic. But, oh but the Reuben looks WONDERFUL. AND homemade, I have NEVER had a homemade Reuben!

(Yeah, leverage is okay!)
((HUGS)) Stay warm..

Dar said...

WOW girl, you sure know how to entice so nice, now if only you still lived just up the road...Aunt Unique? can't say I remember her? but if you mean EP, then I have that recipe.
Hate that you made me so danged hungry so late at night.....grrr....I can resist, I can resist, I can resist..there, I did it.
BlessYa

E.C. said...

Scrumptious post. I do believe I gained 5 lbs just reading it. lol Yummy foodies! :)

~mel said...

I hope your Eunice cake tasted better than the one Mom made me for my birthday! Saw Doug today ~ it's a thumbs up!!! He looked good and was in a great mood. Happy happy :)

Dee said...

Oh MY.....goodness supreme :)