Oct 1, 2019

Partial Harvest 2019

I have to laugh when I recall what my Grandson said when I told him I was going to give up on gardening when we sell our house and move. I told him I would probably just plant a few things in pots and he looked me straight in the eye and said I would have pots all over the yard and Grandpa would have to mow around them. Then he laughed and said,  "just dig up the ground and plant your seeds, you're always going to be a gardener Grandma!" 
I think he's right.  
When harvest time comes around there is nothing better than "home grown!" 
Take roasted tomatoes with your own fresh herbs for example,
The peppers were amazing this year! I haven't kept count but I know we picked several times and each picking was at least a half dozen.  Tomorrow night we're having stuffed peppers and I plan to make extra for freezing. 

Supper tonight is BLT's.  I never get tired of them and we've had quite a few meals of them already in this fashion. 

And then there's  a half gallon of copper pennies made with our fresh dug carrots!  
And our friendly little neighbor has a great apple tree that she said to help ourselves to. So yesterday I made a couple of pies! One for us and one delivered to her for sharing. 

And this was all in the past two days! I guess my Grandson might be right, I'm a gardener and it might be hard to give up for a few pots on a patio.  


2 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

Oh yum! Yay! You’re back!

jack69 said...

Beautiful. Yeah I am probably with grandson (Thom is probably laughing!),
This year we did grow tomatoes and they were delicious. Not often we are in one place long enough to enjoy anything we might plant.

Hope all is well up your way!
Love from NC
Sherry& jack