Dec 16, 2011

Cookies! Cookies!

It's cookie baking day!  Over the river and through the snow to the Grand loves house we go ...  and our sleigh will be loaded down with lots of gifts and baked goods.  So today is cookie baking day at our house.  And gift wrapping time this evening.  We are heading out a week early to spend extra time with our little loves so they can get some 'baking with Grandma' done.  I feel like Mrs. Claus with all my little elves as helpers.  It's so cute, they all grab their little aprons and take their spots on the kitchen stools as they wait for their kitchen assignments.  They love baking and I love teaching them. They take close note of the little secrets of cooking and every year I see the advances in their techniques.  They look like a little assembly line when it comes to decorating the cookies etc. Today I'm baking cut out sugar cookies in several shapes and gingerbread boys and girls.  It's a time saver having them pre-baked and ready for decorating. That enables us time for baking other cookies and candies. I foresee a lot of smiles and sticky fingers in my near future!

Pictures are of some of the sweets I baked last Christmas. 
   

9 comments:

Marilyn said...

YUM! Sarah is doing my baking. Hope she lets me taste some things early!♥♫

Betty said...

Oh those look delish....I think I see some of my favorites! My youngest daughter (age 21)has taken up cookie decorating this year. Come on over to see my Christmas Cookies post when you have a minute. Have a Wonderful, Blessed Christmas with the Grand loves. Warm Hugs,

Paula said...

Oh I can just see the Grand Loves in line helping. Making beautiful memories.

jack69 said...

You have a way with descriptions that put your readers there. You are making memories, forever memories are the best kinds. The kind that when 70 yrs pass the kid can say to their grand kids, I remember when Grandma Cher was teaching us to bake.

I know, because my grandma did not teach me to bake, but I remember the simple 'let me make you a p-nut butter cracker'. I remember it so well. So will these 'grandloves'.

You are special 'Shot Chers' or 'Cher Shots'. LOL

jack69 said...

BTW... The cookies are beautiful and look delicious!

jack69 said...

They don't look a year old!!! LOL

Fred Alton said...

What delicious wonders you conjure up for those grand-loves! I'm sure that you are enjoying this almost as much as they are - and they will remember it with great joy and affection for you. You ARE special, that's for sure.

Jean said...

You are one special lady and your cookies make my mouth water so yummy looking. Take care. Jean

Sharon said...

Mmmmm, they look so good, I love crescents the best, I think.